All property photos
3D Virtual Tour
INCREDIBLE LOCATION ON ONE OF THE WORLD’S MOST BEAUTIFUL NATIONAL PARKS…
GORGEOUS TUDOR-STYLE FAÇADE AND ARCHITECTURAL DETAILING…
SPECTACULAR TERRACE FOR INDOOR/OUTDOOR LIVING AND ENTERTAINING…
Verdant Presidio views form the backdrop for this exquisite 6-bedroom, 5.5-bath compound with a rarely available location on the exclusive Presidio Wall. Sophistication and scale abound, with soaring ceilings, period details and rich hardwood floors providing a beautiful setting for everyday living and entertaining. Currently configured as 2 units with additional flex studio space, this is perfect for a multi-generational or extended family compound, for two partners, or an owner-user with income unit.
Available for the 1st time in nearly 40 years, this elegant home affords an opportunity for a comfortable contemporary lifestyle in one of the City’s most desirable historic neighborhoods- Presidio Heights. The framework includes over-sized windows, an extensive roof-top deck and stunning Park views with the City, Bay and Presidio Golf course in the background.
Located across from one of the world’s most beautiful National Parks, this beautiful residence also enjoys close proximity to numerous walking trails and the golf course in the Presidio, as well as a short walk to the popular restaurants and trendy shopping on Sacramento Street and in Laurel Village...truly a rare offering and opportunity for someone looking for a San Francisco treasure...
- Magnificent Tudor-style duplex built in 1909
- A total of 6 Bedrooms, 5.5 Bathrooms, 5 fireplaces and 15 rooms
- Combined 5,250 square feet of living space as per City of San Francisco Tax Record; 5,003 square feet as per draftsman; buyer to independently verify
- The lower unit (3868 Jackson Street) has 3 bedroom, 3 baths, formal dining room, office, and spacious kitchen with laundry alcove totaling 2,162 sq.ft. as per draftsman; buyer to independently verify
- The upper unit (3870 Jackson street) has 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, formal dining room, office, kitchen with butler’s pantry and adjacent laundry room, roof terrace and pent-room totaling 2,841 sq.ft. as per draftsman; buyer to independently verify
- Rarely available Presidio location adjacent to Presidio Park, one of the most renowned National Parks in the United States, with views of the Pacific Ocean
- Walking distance from Presidio Golf course, hiking trails, as well as shopping and dining
3870 JACKSON- THE UPPER UNIT
- A charming brick entryway lined with greenery, flowering begonias and ivy provides a lovely entrance into the residence.
- The gracious entrance foyer connects to the flex space on the entry level and has been historically used as an office for 3870
- An architecturally elegant staircase with stained-glass window ascends to the spacious main level foyer with classic wood moldings and cedar closet.
- Beautifully proportioned, the fabulous entertaining living room is showered with light from East, South and West windows and features incredible wood-grained moldings and a brick wood-burning fireplace housed in an artistically carved wood frame and surrounded by built-ins. Views to the west show dramatic sunsets and shimmering glimpses of the Pacific Ocean.
- The spectacular formal dining room has a historic original built-in hutch with leaded glass, classic wainscoting and Bay window, fabulous box beam ceilings and a fireplace with acanthus leaf and dentelle molding- with the lushly verdant views of the Presidio Park as a picturesque back-drop
- The large light-filled kitchen is outfitted with honed granite counter-tops, stainless Fisher and Paykel refrigerator, 4-burner gas range with microwave and stove, stainless Bosch dishwasher, and a laundry alcove with side-by-side washer and dryer and linen storage. A large pantry with built-in glass shelving and cabinetry connects to the dining room
- A 2nd bedroom with en-suite tiled bath, 3rd bedroom with south window, North-facing office with Park views, powder room and 2 storage closets complete this level.
- The dreamy upper-level primary bedroom enjoys great ceiling height, lovely picture moldings, fireplace and gorgeous Park views with the Bay and Presidio Golf Course in the background. The honeycomb-pattern tiled primary bath has a classic claw-foot soaking tub and separate stall shower with Moen shower-head.
- Off the primary suite is a glass-enclosed potting shed/ artist studio with built-in sink stepping out to the huge wood-lined roof terrace with 270-degree views of the City, Pacific Ocean and Sutro Tower- a wonderful spot for outdoor living, lounging, exercising and entertaining during the day, and enjoying lovely Western sunsets during evening soirees.
- The charming stand-alone pent-room with vaulted ceilings and two skylights off the terrace is another great amenity- perfect for a gym, playroom, meditation/ yoga studio, office or media room
3868 JACKSON- THE LOWER UNIT
- The charming brick side entrance with portico is lined with flowers and greenery, providing a warmly inviting entrance into the home
- A chic tan and black travertine marble foyer with wainscoting is an elegant entry for the ground floor of the residence. Also on this level is a bright and airy South-facing 3rd/ guest bedroom with lovely greenery outlooks, built-ins and an en-suite bath with walk-in glass shower.
- The main level central foyer has warm hardwood flooring and elegant molding and provides great open-ness and flow for this level.
- The elegant living room enjoys South-facing greenery outlooks, timeless wainscoting, distinguished built-ins under gorgeous double crown moldings, and a marble fireplace
- Beautiful outlooks onto the Presidio National Park provide a lushly verdant backdrop to the stunning dining/ family room with classic built-in hutch, a graceful Bay window, incredible box beam ceilings, wainscoting, and fireplace with acanthus leaf and scroll surround.
- The updated and expanded kitchen is outfitted with tumbled marble floors, granite counters, 4-burner gas range, and a paneled double door refrigerator with freezer matching the abundant cabinetry. An adjoining laundry closet has stacked washer/ dryer and access to the back stairs.
- The main level primary bedroom has en-suite marble bath with walk-in shower and a double door mirrored closet.
- The bright and airy 2nd bedroom enjoys lovely picture moldings, and the 2nd bath also services this level of the home.
- A North-facing office/ 4th bedroom with serene Park outlook completes this level.
PRESIDIO HEIGHTS-Bordering the world-famous Presidio Park this is considered one of San Francisco’s most desirable residential neighborhoods. Although some of the grandest homes in the City can be found here, like those harbored within the gated community of Presidio Terrace, this section of the city is one of the most family-friendly you will come across. On sunny days, all shapes of families can be found spreading blankets across the hills of Presidio Park, laying out exquisite picnics and taking in the sun.
Nearby Julius Kahn playground makes for extensive romping for boys and girls. Plentiful choices in neighborhood schools helps to add a certain ease when it comes to raising a family here. Some of the best schools in California, placing local students in the top tiers of competitive education, call Presidio Heights home.
Presidio Heights offers homes for sale that are some of the most pristine properties in San Francisco. Many of the older homes offer stately 2 story living quarters that are unequaled in elegance. Known primarily as a residential neighborhood, there are plentiful shopping opportunities to be found in the adjacent Laurel Village district and high-end restaurants and trendy boutiques line the popular Sacramento Street corridor.
ABOUT THE PRESIDIO
The Presidio Trust is a federal agency that manages the Presidio of San Francisco, a national park at the heart of the 82,000-acre Golden Gate National Recreation Area. Spanning nearly 1,500 acres in a spectacular setting at the Golden Gate, the Presidio is defined by its history, spectacular views, natural habitats, and beautiful opens spaces. The Trust has repurposed historic buildings for visitor recreation in the airplane hangars at Crissy Field, which house Planet Granite climbing gym and House of Air Trampoline park. Others include the Presidio Visitor Center, The Presidio Officers’ Club Museum, the Lodge at the Presidio, the Walt Disney Family Museum, and The Commissary restaurant.
The grounds consist of 24 miles of hiking and 25 miles of biking trails, including eight scenic overlooks. The park has recently undergone a 25 year revitalization project which began with a $34.4 million project to revitalize Crissy Field unveiled to the public in May 2001.The project has also restored the national park’s Tennessee Hollow Watershed, returning streams once buried by the Army back to the surface, creating precious habitat for native plants and wildlife as well an opportunity for visitors to experience nature up close. This project takes a major step forward in coming months as seven acres of newly restored marshland link the watershed to San Francisco Bay. Other signature projects include the restoration of Mountain Lake, the creation of a comprehensive trail system with 24 miles of hiking trails and eight scenic overlooks, and the restoration of the historic Main Parade ground as a public gathering space, rehabilitating the Presidio Officers’ Club, one of San Francisco’s oldest buildings that now houses the Presidio’s museum. If you’re hiking along the Bay Area Ridge Trail, you might be surprised to discover a new Presidio landmark of startling grandeur. Standing at 100 feet tall at its tapering peak, Spire is a sculpture by world-renowned artist Andy Goldsworthy. In fact it is the first Presidio piece he was inspired to create after he visited the park in 2006. Since then he has gone on to imagine three more – Wood Line, Tree Fall, and Earth Wall – making the Presidio home to the largest collection of his works on public view in North America.
THE GOLF COURSE
Just inside the Presidio’s Arguello Gate, bordered by Monterey Cypress and eucalyptus, is a place where Theodore Roosevelt, Charles Schulz, Joe DiMaggio, and Arnold Palmer once swung a club. Presidio Golf Course, one of the oldest courses on the West Coast, has seen more than 120 years of play – and it’s making new history today as one of the best public golf courses in the United States.
The course was built in 1895 as a nine-hole link exclusively for Army officers and members of the private Presidio Golf Club. During its early military years, it sometimes served double duty: in the Spanish American War, infantry trained and drilled here, and in 1906 survivors of the great San Francisco earthquake took refuge on the grounds. In 1910, the course was expanded to 18 holes and in 1921, it was redesigned, lengthened, and given a watering system. Still, through all its changes, it remained off limits to all but an elite few until it opened up its 145-acre, 6500 yard course for all to enjoy as the Presidio National Park Course and continues to rival some of the best courses in the country. The iconic Presidio Golf & Concordia Club offers members outstanding golf, dining, fitness and social activities – amid the stunning backdrop of the Presidio National Park Course.